ENEREA Észak-Alföld Regional Energy Agency
The ENEREA Észak-Alföld Regional Energy Agency was established in March 2009 as the first regional energy agency in Hungary with support from the Intelligent Energy Europe Program. The mission of the agency is to promote energy efficiency, to support the rational usage of energy resources, to foster the usage of new and renewable energy resources and to support energy diversification.
It was a main factor in establishing an energy agency in our region that the European Union requires to raise the ratio of new and renewable energy resources within the overall domestic energy usage from 5.3 % to 13 %. It is a strategic priority to increase the ratio and the absolute usage of new and renewable energy solutions as the current level is too low in our country. As the supply and the production of fossil energy sources are limited in Hungary, the country is highly dependent on the import of these goods. The new and renewable energy resources and solutions are highly underutilized in the Észak-Alföld Region compared to the possibilities and to the capabilities of the region, and also compared to the expectations in Hungary.
The most notable capabilities of the region lie in the fields of biomass, geothermal, solar and wind energy sources. The Regional Energy Agency will help the region to get more information about international solutions, projects and experience. We believe that this type of knowledge transfer can add value to the development of the region in the energy field. The Regional Energy Agency will also act as a flagship in promoting the energy sector in the Észak-Alföld Region.
Main activities of the Észak-Alföld Regional Energy Agency are:
• Energy planning (SWOT analysis, regional energy strategy),
• Sectoral activities (promotions, professional workshops),
• Horizontal activities (trainings, helpdesk service, energy award, energy marketing, project management),
• Building capacity, cooperation (exploring ‘good practices’, making contact with energy agencies, international projects),
• Communication and dissemination (communication strategy, webpage, newsletter, energy magazine, leaflets, media relations).